News | Entertainment
30 Aug 2025 9:13
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    A documentary on Prince Andrew's infamous interview about his links to Jeffrey Epstein

    Will be shown around the time of King Charles' coronation


    The show, which has a working title of 'Andrew - The Problem Prince', will be aired by Channel 4 as part of the broadcaster's "alternative"

    taken on Charles' 6 May crowning, and will feature interviewer Emily Maitlis, 52, talking about landing the 2019 chat that saw her go head-to-head with the Duke of York, 63, about his relationship with paedophile billionaire Epstein and claims he had sex with one of the late billionaire's sex trafficking victims Virginia Giuffre - which Andrew denies.

    Channel 4 said about its plans to show it around the time Andrew's 74-year-old brother Charles' coronation will be crowned at London's Westminster Abbey: "As the nation prepares for the coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort next month, Channel 4 is set to mark the occasion in an altogether different way... in 'Andrew - The Problem Prince' (working title), Emily Maitlis speaks in detail about the interview that shook the monarchy and the world in November 2019.

    "This brand-new two-part documentary series uses rare archive footage, interviews with BBC producer Sam McAlister and exclusive access to palace insiders, to uncover the inside story of Prince Andrew's disastrous Newsnight interview and unravel the scandal that led to his spectacular fall from grace."

    The documentary will also examine Andrew's past, his childhood and time in the military.

    Ian Katz, Channel 4's chief content officer, said about the decision to air it as millions of royal fans will celebrate Charles' coronation:

    "Channel 4 exists to provide viewers with an alternative, so as the nation is engulfed by pomp, circumstance and forelock-tugging, we'll be offering a rather less reverential slate of programmes."

    As part of Channel 4's programming around the coronation, viewers will have another chance to see 'Prince Andrew: The Musical' and Frankie Boyle's 'Farewell to the Monarchy' documentary, pulled last year from schedules last year after the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

    Satirical sitcom 'The Windsors' starring Harry Enfield as Charles will also return for a 'Coronation Special' that will mock holding the ceremony amid the cost of living crisis gripping Britain.

    Charles will reportedly mark his coronation by only appearing on the Buckingham Palace with 15 working royals, with Andrew said to have been left out of the line-up.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Emma Heming Willis made the "hardest decision" by moving her husband Bruce Willis into a separate home
     30 Aug: Travis Kelce's mother has publicly shown her support for his engagement to Taylor Swift
     30 Aug: Denise Van Outen is unveiling her first album since 2003
     30 Aug: Katy Perry has been slammed by the family of the ailing Army veteran she is battling in court
     30 Aug: Daisy Edgar-Jones is determined to "help encourage new voices" in the acting world
     30 Aug: Victoria Beckham has battled "bad" skin "throughout her entire life"
     29 Aug: Travis Kelce kept his proposal to Taylor Swift traditional by asking for her father's blessing before popping the question
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A major boost for the Black Ferns ahead of their second Rugby World Cup match against Japan on Monday morning More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Reserve Bank Chair Neil Quigley has resigned More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Emma Heming Willis made the "hardest decision" by moving her husband Bruce Willis into a separate home 8:46

    Politics:
    The Electoral Commission's gearing up for an increase in voting this weekend, in the Tamaki Makaurau by-election 8:17

    Entertainment:
    Travis Kelce's mother has publicly shown her support for his engagement to Taylor Swift 8:16

    Rugby League:
    The Roosters have spoiled Storm mentor Craig Bellamy's 600th NRL game as head coach with a shock 40-10 win in Melbourne 8:07

    Rugby:
    A major boost for the Black Ferns ahead of their second Rugby World Cup match against Japan on Monday morning 7:57

    International:
    Vladimir Putin says he wants peace, but on the front lines in Ukraine there's a different, 'terrifying' reality 7:57

    Rugby League:
    Warriors coach Andrew Webster has called out his side's lack of concentration after a 26-22 defeat by the Eels at Mt Smart 7:57

    Law and Order:
    Thames-Coromandel residents, bach owners, hunters, trampers and campers are being asked to keep an eye out for a missing man 7:47

    Entertainment:
    Denise Van Outen is unveiling her first album since 2003 7:46

    Motorsports:
    Liam Lawson has clocked the 11th and 14th fastest times in the opening two practice sessions at the Dutch Grand Prix  7:37


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd