News | Entertainment
5 Apr 2025 9:56
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Travis Scott has vowed to "assist" the families of those who died at his Astroworld Festival on Friday (05.11.21) night

    The 29-year-old rapper was performing at the event in Houston, Texas when a crowd surge left many people injured and eight dead and the 'Highest in the Room' hitmaker has offered his prayers to those who passed away and pledged to do what he can to help


    He said on his Instagram Stories: "I just want to send out prayers to the ones that was lost last night. We're actually working right now to identify the families to assist them through this tough time. My fans really mean the world to me, and I always want to leave them with a positive experience."

    Travis - who has Stormi, three, with pregnant partner Kylie Jenner - stopped his performance at NRG Park in order to ask for help but admitted he "could never imagine anything" like the tragedy happening.

    He said: "Any time I can make out anything that's going on, I'd stop the show and help them get the help they need, you know? I could never imagine this situation."

    Travis and his team have been "working closely with everyone to get to the bottom of this — City of Houston HPD, fire department — everyone, to help us figure this out" and he told fans to contact authorities if they had any information.

    He added: "Everybody continue to keep your prayers. I mean, I'm honestly just devastated and I could never imagine anything like this happening. I'm going to do everything I can to keep you guys updated and keep you guys informed of what's going on. Love you all."

    An insider explained how the 'Sicko Mode' hitmaker was unable to see the full extent of what was happening in the crowd because of the stage lights.

    A source told People magazine: "The lights were shining in his eyes and he couldn't see what was happening.

    "He thought someone had just passed out, which happens during concerts.

    [Travis is] "in absolute pieces [and a] mess about what happened. He's incredibly upset about everything and horrified."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     05 Apr: Jennifer Aniston has celebrated Pedro Pascal's 50th birthday with a special tribute on social media
     05 Apr: Olivia Munn has revealed the elaborate lie she told after learning John Mulaney was planning to propose to her
     05 Apr: Kanye West has suggested his wife has left him in the lyrics to a new song
     05 Apr: Kylie Kelce "doesn't care" what people think of her daughters' names
     05 Apr: Russell Brand charged with rape and sexual assault
     05 Apr: Robert Irwin wants to "continue the important legacy" of his late father
     05 Apr: Adam Devine was told last year he was "dying"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Chiefs are back on top in Super Rugby after holding off the Reds 27-15 in a rain-affected clash in Hamilton More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Food Safety Minister Andrew Hoggard is confident he's disclosed all relevant conflicts of interest with Cabinet More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Jennifer Aniston has celebrated Pedro Pascal's 50th birthday with a special tribute on social media 9:48

    Business:
    Food Safety Minister Andrew Hoggard is confident he's disclosed all relevant conflicts of interest with Cabinet 9:36

    Christchurch:
    A person is seriously injured after a crash in South Canterbury overnight 9:26

    Entertainment:
    Olivia Munn has revealed the elaborate lie she told after learning John Mulaney was planning to propose to her 9:18

    Entertainment:
    Kanye West has suggested his wife has left him in the lyrics to a new song 8:48

    Rugby League:
    Unfamiliar territory for the Penrith Panthers after slumping to their fourth loss in five games to start the NRL season 8:46

    Entertainment:
    Kylie Kelce "doesn't care" what people think of her daughters' names 8:18

    Living & Travel:
    Mini lovers are continuing their 24-hundred-kilometre journey - aiming to raise 500-thousand-dollars for KidsCan 8:16

    Law and Order:
    Russell Brand charged with rape and sexual assault 7:56

    Rugby League:
    South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett has applauded Latrell Mitchell's return from injury during their 20-14 win over the Sydney Roosters in the NRL 7:56


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd