News | Entertainment
7 Apr 2025 8:14
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Andrew will give evidence under oath in March

    The 61-year-old royal will give evidence in London as part of the civil sexual assault case brought against him by Virginia Giuffre, who is suing him in the US.


    The date for a deposition has been set for March 10 in the UK capital, which has been described as a neutral location.

    Giuffre - who was formerly known as Virginia Roberts - has accused convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein - who committed suicide in August

    2019 - and his one-time girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell of arranging and forcing her into having sex with Andrew in 2001.

    The prince - who is the third child of Queen Elizabeth - has denied all of the allegations and his lawyers have confirmed he's ready to fight the case in court.

    The prince - who is not facing any legal action in the UK - previously requested a trial by jury.

    In January, his legal team filed an 11-page document with the court that set out his response to the allegations.

    In the document - which was submitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York - Andrew's legal team detailed a series of defences "without assuming the burden of proof, and expressly denying any and all wrongdoing".

    The document added: "Prince Andrew hereby demands a trial by jury on all causes of action asserted in the Complaint."

    The legal team also previously argued to get the lawsuit dismissed, citing a 2009 deal and $500,000 settlement she agreed with Epstein.

    However, a judge in New York ruled in January that the case could continue.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     05 Apr: Tom Cruise has paid tribute to his friend and 'Top Gun' co-star Val Kilmer
     05 Apr: Leigh-Anne Pinnock is devastated after losing both of her dogs within weeks of each other
     05 Apr: Antoine Fuqua's upcoming biopic on Michael Jackson may be split into two films
     05 Apr: Eva Mendes has paid tribute to her late brother on what would have been his 62nd birthday
     05 Apr: Jennifer Aniston has celebrated Pedro Pascal's 50th birthday with a special tribute on social media
     05 Apr: Olivia Munn has revealed the elaborate lie she told after learning John Mulaney was planning to propose to her
     05 Apr: Kanye West has suggested his wife has left him in the lyrics to a new song
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    To a piece of NHL ice hockey history.. More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    The Prime Minister says tariffs will only create massive trouble for the US private sector and consumers around the world More...



     Today's News

    Hockey:
    To a piece of NHL ice hockey history.. 8:07

    Politics:
    Littleproud says Coalition government would urge Pacific to be 'more aggressive' on China 7:57

    Business:
    The Prime Minister says tariffs will only create massive trouble for the US private sector and consumers around the world 7:57

    Law and Order:
    Otago University's infamous Hyde Street Party went off without a hitch 7:47

    Rugby League:
    Former New Zealand sevens player Moses Leo has successfully switched to league's NRL after debuting in Melbourne's 48-24 win over Manly 7:37

    Cycling:
    A blistering attack on the cobblestones has seen Tadej Pogacar solo to victory in cycling's Tour of Flanders for a second time 7:37

    Politics:
    Expert says Labor must ensure battery subsides don’t entrench inequality 7:27

    Business:
    Mark Lister from Craigs Investment Partners says the sell-off on US markets has been historic 7:27

    Law and Order:
    A decision on the employment hearing for a former Christchurch Boys High School teacher, claiming unjustified dismissal, could be a while away 7:17

    Accident and Emergency:
    The Civil Aviation Authority's looking into a fatal air crash on Hawkes Bay Golf Course 7:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd