News | Entertainment
22 Feb 2024 14:54
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Santa told King Charles he's on the "very good boy" list this year

    The 75-year-old British monarch surprised shoppers at Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre in West London on Tuesday (07.12.23) as he attended the Christmas Market and met with Santa himself at the grotto


    Santa impersonator, Keith Flaherty, revealed his conversation with the sovereign, who he was pictured placing his arm on as Charles beamed, including the king confirming he will be at Sandringham over the festive period as his family has been for years.

    Keith said: "I told him he's on Santa's 'very good boy' list and he replied, 'Really?' I also said to him if he was at Sandringham this year and when he said he was, I asked him if there was room for my sleigh to park?"

    Charles witnessed a festive carol performance by the local Polish choir.

    Earlier in the day, the king met with the various charities awarded the King's Award for Voluntary Service.

    The king's festive fun comes amid headlines surrounding whether or not the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will spend Christmas with the royal family.

    Prince Harry, 39, and his 42-year-old wife Meghan are said to have broken an alleged six-month silence with the monarch earlier this month when Harry called him to wish him a happy 75th birthday.

    A source has since told The Times about how the couple may be prepared to come to Britain from their home in Los Angeles for the festive season - but only with "heightened" security.

    They said: "I can't imagine the Sussexes would decline an invitation to spend time with His Majesty."

    The insider added: "As of yet, there have not been any invitations for the holidays."

    It was also suggested the Sussexes, who have son Archie, four, and two-year-old daughter Lilibet, would also be willing to accept an invitation to Balmoral, in Scotland, during the summer.

    The apparent thawing of the relationship between the Sussexes and Charles comes as a source told the Mail on Sunday the king wanted to "spend more time with his grandchildren".

    Harry and Meghan last spent Christmas at Sandringham in 2018, and sources told The Times they would both need "heightened protection" to be able to make any UK visit happen.

    Harry no longer benefits from police protection while he is in the UK, following a decision by the Home Office to withdraw his minders.

    He has had a frosty relationship with the royals in the wake of the publication of his bombshell memoir 'Spare' and his and Meghan's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey after they left Britain for a new life in America.

    Harry's book contained a string of allegations about his life with the royals, including secrets about his relationship with his father and a claim his older brother Prince William, 41, brawled with him in a fight as their relationship fell apart over the younger prince's marriage to Meghan.

    © 2024 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: People's Choice Awards winners list: Barbie, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Ice Spice and... Grey's Anatomy
     19 Feb: BAFTAs red carpet: Statement trains, puffy sleeves, and a feast of salmon
     19 Feb: BAFTAs winners list: Barbie, Killers of the Flower Moon, Maestro shut out as Oppenheimer, Poor Things dominate British film awards
     18 Feb: Harrison Ford's Star Wars script fetches $20,821 at UK auction
     18 Feb: Superstar ventriloquist Edgar Bergen left his daughter Candice nothing when he died — his puppet got a fortune
     17 Feb: One person was killed in the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl victory parade gun horror
     17 Feb: Travis Kelce is producing his first feature film
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    An intriguing midfield battle is among the many subplots for tomorrow night's grand final re-match to open the Super Rugby season in Hamilton More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    The Warehouse Group is selling off outdoor brand Torpedo7 for one-dollar to a consortium of business people More...



     Today's News

    Rugby:
    An intriguing midfield battle is among the many subplots for tomorrow night's grand final re-match to open the Super Rugby season in Hamilton 14:37

    Netball:
    Mystics coach Tia Winikerei wants to gather international coaching experience before she would consider bidding for the Silver Ferns role 14:37

    Accident and Emergency:
    A light plane has crash landed at Masterton's Hood Aerodrome - the only occupant, the pilot, is uninjured 14:07

    Rugby League:
    The Warriors have missed out on securing the signature of Sharks prop Braden Hamlin-Uele  13:47

    International:
    Carl Lewis likens World Athletics' radical long jump idea to April Fools' joke 13:07

    Law and Order:
    Two men aged 18-and -19 have been arrested - accused of a phishing scam sending millions of texts impersonating trusted establishments 13:07

    Business:
    The Warehouse Group is selling off outdoor brand Torpedo7 for one-dollar to a consortium of business people 12:27

    Business:
    The Warehouse Group has sold off outdoor brand, Torpedo7, to Tahua Partners for one-dollar 11:57

    Golf:
    Tiger Woods's 15-year-old son Charlie to compete in pre-qualifier for US PGA Tour event 11:17

    Business:
    Our largest airline and airport are warning tougher times lie ahead 11:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2024 New Zealand City Ltd