News | Entertainment
4 Jul 2025 13:08
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Gwyneth Paltrow and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, have poked fun at rumours they are locked in a feud

    The Goop founder has shared a pointed video in response to speculation of a dispute between herself and the 43-year-old former actress - who recently launched her own lifestyle show 'With Love, Meghan' and a new lifestyle brand, 'As Ever' - in which the pair insisted they "do not understand" where the claims have come from


    During an 'Ask Me a Question' session on her Instagram Story, the 'Iron Man' actress addressed a fan who asked: "Are you comprehending the Meghan Markle beef that social media says you two have?"

    Gwyneth replied: "I genuinely do not understand this at all, whatsoever."

    She then turned to someone off camera to ask: "Do you understand this?"

    The camera then panned to Meghan, who was sitting at a table eating pie and made a gesture to suggest she had no idea either.

    Earlier this month, Gwyneth - who has Apple, 20, and Moses, 18, with ex-husband Chris Martin and is married to Brad Falchuk - insisted she didn't view Meghan as a rival.

    She told Vanity Fair magazine: "I was raised to see other women as friends, not foes. I think there's always more than enough to go around.

    "Everybody deserves an attempt at everything that they want to try."

    The 'Shakespeare in Love' actress confirmed she didn't "know" Meghan or her husband Prince Harry - who live nearby in Montecito with their children Prince Archie, five, and three-year-old Princess Lilibet - but had thought about reaching out to them.

    She said: "I don't know Meghan and Harry. I mean, I've met Meghan, who seems really lovely, but I don't know her at all.

    "Maybe I'll try to get through their security detail and bring them a pie."

    But after launching Goop as a newsletter and steadily growing the brand since 2008, acknowledged she was the forerunner who "made space" for similar ventures.

    She said: "I'm thinking it for the first time, but it might just be that my role is to pave the way. By some instinct or curiosity or desire, I go somewhere and I hack through the path and I get the scratches of hacking through, but I make space for other people then to do it."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     04 Jul: Henry Golding thinks Charlize Theron is a "rare commodity in Hollywood"
     04 Jul: Cardi B feels proud of her Whipshots success
     04 Jul: Liam Gallagher has no desire to perform on Glastonbury's Pyramid Stage
     04 Jul: Jake Paul wants the "challenge" of fighting Anthony Joshua
     04 Jul: Olivia Rodrigo expressed her "love" for England as she closed the Glastonbury Festival on Sunday
     04 Jul: Scarlett Johansson doesn't think AI can replicate the "soulfulness" of an actor or actress
     04 Jul: Rob McElhenney has filed to legally change his name to Rob Mac
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Former All Black Mils Muliaina believes modern players are far more adaptable between positions than back in his day More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Central Otago's Cardona Hotel is on the market for the first time in more than a decade More...



     Today's News

    Rugby:
    Former All Black Mils Muliaina believes modern players are far more adaptable between positions than back in his day 12:37

    Health & Safety:
    ADHD meds are in short supply. Here's why, and what can you do about it 12:37

    Entertainment:
    Henry Golding thinks Charlize Theron is a "rare commodity in Hollywood" 12:36

    Entertainment:
    Cardi B feels proud of her Whipshots success 12:06

    Rugby:
    Fourth seed Jack Draper has been ousted by 2017 finalist Marin Cilic in the second round at Wimbledon 11:57

    Entertainment:
    Liam Gallagher has no desire to perform on Glastonbury's Pyramid Stage 11:36

    National:
    NZ will soon have no real interisland rail-ferry link – why are we so bad at infrastructure planning? 11:17

    Cricket:
    England finishes day two of second Test at 3-77, India scores 587 in first innings 11:17

    Politics:
    The Pasifika Medical Association continues to refute allegations of impropriety, over its funding of Moana Pasifika 11:07

    Entertainment:
    Jake Paul wants the "challenge" of fighting Anthony Joshua 11:06


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd