News | Entertainment
22 Feb 2026 15:59
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Quinton Aaron is "feeling strong" and is "focused" on his recovery after suffering a spinal stroke

    The Blind Side star - who starred opposite Sandra Bullock in the 2009 Oscar winning film - was left fighting for his life after collapsing at his home last month but he's now insisted he's on the mend and is determined to get his life back on track despite the terrifying health scare.


    In a statement given to PEOPLE, he said: "I went through a lot, but I'm focusing on God, my recovery, my family and close friends as well as my career."

    The 41-year-old actor's relatives added: "[Quinton is] feeling strong and empowered ...

    "He's excited about the future opportunities life will present to him ... [He is] awake, fully alert, interacting with his family and approved visitors ... [He has] feeling in his legs ... [and is] focused on his recovery and successfully doing things like practicing writing, doing puzzles."

    Quinton's family previously thanked fans for their well wishes and explained his condition was caused by a "spinal stroke".

    In a statement released via TMZ.com, they said: ""We acknowledge that you've heard about Quinton Aaron's condition. We appreciate the overwhelming love, support and prayers that Quinton has received over the past few days from his fans, the public, and our concerned community ...

    "To update everyone, he had a spinal stroke. He is alert, aware and recovering."

    The statement added: "The Aaron family has a lot to deal with for the betterment of their loved one, but will be sure to keep everyone posted regarding Quinton's health as we see fit. "To be clear, any other information that you hear pertaining to Quinton's health from any other source that isn't coming directly from his official blood relative family, that will come in the form of their appointed chosen spokesperson and life long friend Liana Mendoza, is not to be taken as factual information. "We kindly ask the public to please respect the decisions we make and to please understand that false information or statements may be made by others who continue to come forward but are not fully informed or aware of all of the facts surrounding his condition nor do they have the authority to do so."

    A subsequent message released by the family revealed the actor was looking forward to watching the Super Bowl on February 8.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     22 Feb: Odessa A'zion has insisted the "last thing" she ever wants to do is "offend anybody"
     22 Feb: Jennifer Garner's children think she is "fully cringe"
     22 Feb: The Nancy Guthrie reward money has been doubled as the search for Savannah Guthrie's missing mom continues
     22 Feb: Romeo Beckham has added fuel to his brother Brooklyn's family feud, by "liking" an Instagram video claiming Nicola Peltz is "the problem"
     22 Feb: Brandi Glanville has finally discovered the cause of the facial disfiguration which aged her "20 years overnight"
     22 Feb: Hilary Duff has taken up crocheting because she needed to "do something" with her hands after her concerts
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested - on his 66th birthday
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Carlos Alcaraz has cruised past Arthur Fils 6-2 6-1 to win the Qatar Open and extend his perfect start to the year More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fifteen years on from the devastating Christchurch earthquake, belief light may finally be at the end of the tunnel More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Odessa A'zion has insisted the "last thing" she ever wants to do is "offend anybody" 15:47

    Cricket:
    New Zealand's T20 World Cup cricket clash against Pakistan in Colombo may have been rained out...but it's still a milestone match for Daryl Mitchell 15:27

    Soccer:
    Former All Whites goalkeepers Jacob Spoonley hopes the Wellington Phoenix are supporting their glovesman Josh Oluwayemi  15:27

    Entertainment:
    Jennifer Garner's children think she is "fully cringe" 15:17

    Rugby:
    Carlos Alcaraz has cruised past Arthur Fils 6-2 6-1 to win the Qatar Open and extend his perfect start to the year 14:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    Two people have died and another three are in a critical condition, after a two-vehicle crash on State Highway 1 in Marlborough 14:47

    Entertainment:
    The Nancy Guthrie reward money has been doubled as the search for Savannah Guthrie's missing mom continues 14:47

    General:
    Alisa Camplin-Warner calls for more funding after historic 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics 14:17

    Entertainment:
    Romeo Beckham has added fuel to his brother Brooklyn's family feud, by "liking" an Instagram video claiming Nicola Peltz is "the problem" 14:17

    Soccer:
    Wellington Phoenix football coach Giancarlo Italiano is stepping down with his head held high 14:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd